Tasmanian Dog Training Club – General Code of Conduct
As a member of Tasmanian Dog Training Club (TDTC) you are required to comply with the following requirements in regard to your conduct during any activity held or sanctioned by TDTC, the Affiliate bodies: Tasmanian Canine Association Inc. (TCA), Australian National Kennel Council (ANKC), and any of their affiliated member clubs.
• Respect the rights, dignity and worth of others
• Be fair, considerate and honest in all dealing with others.
• Be professional in, and accept responsibility for, your actions.
• Make a commitment to providing quality service.
• Be aware of, and maintain an uncompromising adhesion to (canine sport) standards, rules, regulations, laws and policies, including those of local and state government.
• Operate within the rules of the sport including ANKC guidelines which govern the TCA, its member associations and the affiliated clubs, including TDTC.
• Do not use your involvement with TDTC, TCA or any of its affiliated clubs to promote your own beliefs, behaviours or practices where these are inconsistent with those of TDTC.
• Demonstrate a high degree of individual responsibility especially when dealing with persons under 18 years of age, as your words and actions are an example.
• Avoid unaccompanied and unobserved activities with persons under 18 years of age, wherever possible.
• Refrain from any form of harassment of others.
• Refrain from any behaviour that may bring TDTC, TCA or any of its member clubs into disrepute
• Provide a safe environment for TDTC activities.
• Show concern and caution towards others who may be sick or injured
• Be a positive role model
• Understand the repercussions if you breach, or are aware of any breaches of this code of conduct.