Welcome to the Tasmanian Dog Training Club
Postal Address: P.O. Box 1199, Launceston TAS 7250
email contact: email@example.com
Club room and training grounds are at
Churchill Park Sports Complex, Churchill Park Drive, Invermay – enter via Forster Street/Churchill Park Drive entrance
We hope you and your dog will enjoy many happy hours training with us.
A few reminders of things which help the club operate smoothly and ensure the safety of all members and their dogs.
- The club trains all Sundays (except Easter Sunday) from February to the end of November. Training will only be cancelled if the grounds become dangerous in the opinion of the Launceston City Council.
- Arrive on time for your class. The instructors do not always have time to repeat instructions for the benefit of latecomers.
- It is a Launceston City Council requirement that parking is in the car park outside the second boom gate. Parking inside the boom gate is restricted to instructors to ensure their dogs can be left in safety in the shade while they are conducting classes.
- Membership name badges must be worn when training. It helps the instructor to get to know you and your dog’s name. Annual membership is to 30th September each year. Your membership expiry date is printed on your name badge. You must be a current financial member to train with the club.
- Children must be at least 12 years of age to be included in dual/family membership. Children under 12 years can not train a dog at the club.
- Children must be under the supervision of an adult at all times and are expected to behave appropriately. Please do not allow children to interrupt classes.
- Due to insurance requirements sensible, enclosed footwear must be worn and try to avoid loose, flappy clothing which can distract the dog – thongs are not permitted in class.
- Dogs must be supervised at all times. Do not tether your dog and leave it unattended. Do not leave your dog unattended in a car during hot weather. All droppings must be removed immediately by the handler and placed in the bin provided. Dogs must be on lead at all times.
- No smoking is allowed during training. No smoking within 3 meters of the clubhouse or within 20 meters of a trial ring.
- Mobile phones must be turned off or turned to mute setting during classes.
- Tea, coffee, bottled water and soft drinks are available from the clubhouse. Cost $1 per item. Please help yourself and put the money in the tin provided.
- Food rewards for dogs are available from the clubhouse freezer. Chicken loaf, low fat cheese, garlic sausage. Cost $2 per bag. Please put the money in the container provided. 20 seconds in the microwave will thaw the treats ready to use. If you take the last bag of treats, then please tell a committee member. Don’t just leave the empty container in the fridge.
- Bitches in season are not permitted at training and dogs suffering from any contagious disease or illness must not be brought to training.
Yellow = GIVE ME SPACE!
If you see a dog wearing a yellow ribbon/vest/bandanna it means that the dog has a personal space problem so you should give the dog plenty of space. Ask the dog’s handler before approaching yourself or allowing your dog to approach.
You should always ask permission before approaching another member’s dog when socialising. Be aware of your dog and other dogs and avoid confrontations. Move away from a dog that takes an obvious dislike to your dog, or vice versa.
The club welcomes any comments or suggestions which you think may help the club’s operation, so please pass them on to any of the instructors or committee members.