Benefits of Joining
- Access to experienced instructors with experience in training a wide range of dog breeds
- Access to a training path from inexperienced through to trialling levels
- Discounted rate for courses for any other dog you may have/acquire
- Monthly newsletter with upcoming events/activities and lots of useful training advice and articles addresses a range of canine issues
- Discounted entry to trials conducted by the club in the fields of Obedience, Agility, Jumping, Agility Games and Tracking.
- Access to buy training equipment at rates discount from commercial sellers
- Awards given to members who achieve titles with their dogs in any Tasmanian Canine Association (TCA) Dogs Tasmania sanctioned discipline.
The Tasmanian Dog Training club welcomes people and dogs with any level of experience. The club conducts classes for young puppies who need to be socialised, through to training, mock trials and Dogs Tasmania sanctioned trials for dogs that are already competing in trials.
You are welcome to come down to the Club at Churchill Park, Launceston to discuss your training needs, or go to the contacts page to make contact with the club to discuss training needs.
Membership fees and course fees are kept low and represent good value for money as all trainers are volunteers and receive no payment for instructing.
How to Join
If you are ready to join and start training you can either:
Contact the club and register for the Puppy Pre-school Course or Basic Obedience Course – the booking officer will confirm your place and send you the membership application form and other information
Come down to the club at Churchill Park ( see location map in main menu), fill out a membership form and pay your fees.
Download Application Form for Membership and Courses here Membership Form note: you must first register for a course.
Fees are payable either by:
- Cheque made payable to: Tasmanian Dog Training Club
- Direct Deposit – Bendigo Bank BSB 633000 Account No 113017743 – Please use YOUR NAME as the reference and bring your receipt with you when enrolling.
Sorry no Credit Card facility is available.
There are two ways to become a member.
- Course/Class – If you enrol in a course/class then your membership is included in that fee. For the current course fees, please contact the club. Contact information is on the main page.
- Membership – If you are experienced then you may be able to pay your membership and train in one of the higher graded classes. If you have already been undertaking formal training you may be able to pay an annual membership fee, then pay a training fee on the days that you train with your dog.
Tasmanian Canine Association (TCA) – Dogs Tasmania Members receive discount – One discount for any class of membership.